Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A day at the beach!



My good friend Sherry called me and said she was taking 2 of her kids to the beach for the weekend and would Adam and I like to come. I had just gotten home from my yearly scrapbooking weekend and was hesitant to go. But when Scott said that he was busy all weekend with Taylor and softball tryouts and Brett was going on a scout camp it didn't take me long to agree to going. After all what could be better than enjoying the beautiful scenery, running in the waves and spending time with great friends?!



Sherry and I loaded up the kids and enough food for 2 weeks and headed out. We got in pretty late that night but when we woke the next morning it was like a dream. The skies were clear blue and nothing but warm sunshine! Sherry and I kept commenting that we couldn't believe the luck we had in having a warm, sunny, wind free day at the beach. The kids had a great time making maps in the sand, for Sherry and I to follow, digging trenches for the water to flow and of course, building sand castles.


All in all it was a GREAT weekend!!!

No comments: